Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell D610 Battery Light flashes 4 red then 1 green

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jesusfreak66

Jesusfreak66

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

The problem has been occurring for a few days. The battery is still good. It charges fine, and holds a charge for approximately 1 hour.

If I do a function F3, there is a comment that my battery is still good, but is reaching the end of its life cycle. A recommendation is given that I purchase a new battery. Is that why this series of lights is flashing? Is there any way to turn them off? It is quite annoying.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nem7glan

nem7glan

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:46 AM

I would take note of the message you are getting and buy a new battery. I believe the red flashing lights mean that one or more of the cells in the battery are dying, and it's best not to turn off alarm lights like these. Did the battery hold charge for a longer period than one hour before you started to see the flashing light warning?

#3 Jesusfreak66

Jesusfreak66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:40 PM

It is a recommendation, not a warning. The battery is still functioning ok. I am not going to replace something that for the moment is fine. I will look into replacing it shortly, but just want the irritating flashing to stop for right now.

Does anyone else know anything about this pattern of lights or how they can be turned off temporarily?

#4 nobody_special

nobody_special

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:18 PM

Very small square of ductape placed over the flashing battery light... 

I used the same technique to get rid of the blinking 12:00 on my old VCR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users