Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ColliBeth

ColliBeth

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:33 PM

I have been having ongoing issues with my Toshiba Satellite 1805 S274 Laptop (bought October 2001). The image often does not show on the screen or is so faint that you can barely make out the mouse. In the past, I could restart my PC or try the funtion that would allow the image to be pushed to an outside source (if connected). However, none of that is working now. I have noticed that if I unplug the charger, the screen works again on battery power only. However, my battery life is about 30seconds now. Would buying a new battery that holds a charge solve my screen problem? I really don't have the $$ to waste on a battery if there is no hope for the screen. I plan to buy a lap top next year. Any suggestions on how I can get by for another year? I tried using an outside monitor, but it was too old and the technology did not jive.

Thanks!
Colleen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ColdinCbus

ColdinCbus

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:30 PM

Purchasing a new battery might help, It can't hurt. It could also be your power supply sending too much charge. Usually the dim screens are caused by a FL inverter is going bad. That series has a known issue that the FL inverters going bad on them. Toshiba settled a law suit regarding that issue. http://www.lieffcabraser.com/notebook-flicker.htm

Edited by ColdinCbus, 22 August 2005 - 03:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users