Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Belkin F5D7000 v1000 wireless PCI card

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rrochell8

rrochell8

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:54 PM

Bought this card years ago and put it on my old Dell Dimension 8100 series computer. The "G" transfer frequency was new when this card came out and even though it was "g" rated, it only could muster 18.00Mbps rates. I found either a driver or I really think it was firmware a year or so ago and upgraded and the card and it performed at 54Mbps afterwards.

The hard drive took a crap on the computer and so this weekend I put in a new one and upgraded the memory and put a clean XP install on the machine. Well, long story short, the card is at it's old 18Mbps transfer rate again. I've search Belkins site and was able to find a driver, downloaded it but still on 18. I'm pretty sure it was firmware that got my speed up the last time, but I can find no firmware for this card.

Anybody know anything about this old card and where I might find the needed software to get this thing running up to par again? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:21 PM

look at the card close and make sure it is a version 1000 thoug mine was too bot when i opened the case it was a ver 7000 there are about 8 driver versions for this card

#3 rrochell8

rrochell8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, I pulled the card earlier today. It is version v1000.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:52 PM

If it was firmware that you upgraded then the fresh install of XP will not change anything.

Firmware is stored\flashed onto a chip on the device. In this instance the pci wireless card. It is not written to your hard drive.

#5 rrochell8

rrochell8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:50 PM

That is exactly what I was thinking ThunderZ. I couldn't understand why this thing would go back to the way it was before. I thought for sure I used a firmware upgrade. I remember being worried about getting the right one. I guess I will try to updated driver again and see if it changes anything. Thanks for the help guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users