Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system mechanics stopped working in windows7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 habs2habs

habs2habs

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:00 PM

hi everyone

please i need your help.

I have windows7 home premium
intel Q6600 quad core
direct x 10.1

I have been using software calling:system mechanics version9.5.5(latest version). with no problem at all.

So far i had problem with this software getting so slow to open up.

i wrote to technical support for iolo website.

I followed all the information from technical support to solve this problem:

-uninstall the software using add,remove program
-delete the entry from registry
-delete the folder from program file
-redownload the software from there website through my account with them.

so far i uninstalled and reinstalled this software 7 times,doing all the information above.

When i installed the software,and double clicked the icon to open the program immediately an error come up:

SysMech.exe has stopped working
compatibility issue with windows7

But in iolo website they said it is compatible with windows7.

I right click on the icon,property,compatible,and all the software had full control permission.

I don't know what to do next?

I really have had enough wasting my time trying to solve this problem.

I hope you can help me please

I wish to recieve reply from you very soon

thank you so much in advance

My kindest regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mybuddyeric

mybuddyeric

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:23 PM

Hi habs2habs:

Have you tried downloading a utility called 'RevoUninstaller'? It is supposed to completely remove all programs and their associated registry entries. http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Please try that and then re-install your System Mechanics software. Post back here when you've tried that. Thanks!
fueled by coffee™

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:46 PM

What's the reason to use anything like System Mechanic in the first place?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 mybuddyeric

mybuddyeric

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

What's the reason to use anything like System Mechanic in the first place?

The same reason some people choose to use utilities like "http://www.finallyfast.com". Personally, I wouldn't use these things (especially when my work's firewall blocks finallyfast and categorizes it spyware... lol). But, if this user thinks that this software is worth $39.99, then that's his choice.
I've noticed Windows 7 does a nice job with basic system maintenance tasks. I like the combination of CCleaner, Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials myself. Oh, and common computing sense. =)
fueled by coffee™

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

Exactly. Windows should maintain itself. If you need some "miracle" tools to get Windows going, it means, you're doing something wrong.
Risky part about all those extra tools, like System Mechanic is the fact, that they deal with registry, which normally should be left alone.
You can surely pay 40 bucks to use some unnecessary tool, but in the near future, you may need to pay much more for taking computer to the shop, because of using some System Mechanic.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 habs2habs

habs2habs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:39 AM

hi everyone

thank you all for your reply.

i know a little about pc,i had been with system mechanics for at least 2 years,i never ever had problem with this software.

i will try to use:revouninstaller.com,and try to reinstall it.to see what will happen.

really this software is very good(fix error,fix registry entry,speed up computer,do a lot of things).i know windows do that but not as system mechanics.

i will do this by friday and will let you know with the result.

good bless you all,and thank you again for your reply.

my kindesr regards
habs2habs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users