Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox.exe still running !

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:56 PM

FF updated the other day to 3.5.7 and now the .exe process is still running after closing, this message
"Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system",
is continualy giving me grief when i close FF and then try to reopen it soon after, i have tried every trick in the book to sort it, all thats left is to uninstall and re-install and i don't really want ot do that, and i definitely don't want to start IEing again !

Having to stop the process all the time is really annoying !

If you have or had the same problem and have fixed it could you tell me how you done it please, Bearing in mind i have tried all the usual tricks like addons and so on if you know what i mean !

P.S it only seems to happen if i open other tabs, if i just do all my browsing and searching through one tab it dosen't seem to !

Thanks in advance ! :thumbsup:

Edited by doinmeedin, 10 January 2010 - 04:00 PM.

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:18 PM

Tried these:
Profile In Use How to Unlock Your Profile
Firefox Hangs at Exit
Firefox.exe always open

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,610 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:35 PM

Usually, those kind of problems are caused by some add-on(s).

Close Firefox. Make sure to end its process. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same thing?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users