Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with rayedutu.dll

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pixman15

pixman15

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:50 PM

Hello, I've never been to bleepingcomputer.com before, so I hope this is the right place to post.

-I have windows XP.

I'm pretty sure I'm infected with a trojan. It started when I was in my Firefox browser and multiple windows kept popping up forcing me to shut down.

When I startup my computer it's very slow and the following appears: RUNDLL Error loading C:\windows\system32\rayedutu.dll The specified module could not be found.

I was also getting "spy eraser" on my computer telling me my computer has been infected and telling me to download it.

I ran ad aware and found some infections.

I ran malwarebytes in safe mode and this seemed to get rid of spy eraser and other malware infections. But the RUNDLL error still remains and my computer is very slow.

Any help as to where to go from here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by pixman15, 10 January 2010 - 04:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pixman15

pixman15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:45 PM

Did I post in the right area?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users