Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Win32/Cryptor. Help!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fat_buddino

fat_buddino

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:00 PM

Hi folks. I was unfortunate enough to get infected with Win32/Cryptor the other day (courtesy of Facebook!). Anyway, after running AVG, Spyware Doctor, Malwarebytes, Prevx 3.0 etc the virus appeared to have been identified and removed (I still run scans now that detect nothing). I also removed all temporary files via control panel, did a system reboot etc.

However, not only does internet run painfully slow and not work properly, I constantly receive threat alerts that give a folder name with a .tmp extension and a file name of svchost.exe. These then appear in the C/Windows/Temp file area of the laptop. What the hell is going on!!!!!!? Is there still a virus on my computer? Is this a registry error? Am I at risk?

Someone please help! I've tried as much as I can and I'm out of ideas. Any advice into what this is and how to stop it would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users