Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Visual Studio 2008

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 flaviogtorres

flaviogtorres

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:52 PM

I compile and link the AMCAP from DirectShow samples. The program just run in my computer, when i take the amcap.exe to another computer the message
"Fail in application initializing due to an incorrect configuration. Please, reinstall the software". But the AMCAP donīt need nothing more.

I check that the program donīt enter in the winmain...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:13 AM

I'm not sure what amcap.exe but Google brings back Index of Windows Driver Kit Tools. If your trying to add amcap.exe as part of your app then there are additional items that are needed to run that exe. The amcap.exe components are probably registered on your system. :thumbsup:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#3 flaviogtorres

flaviogtorres
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

Keith,
I compiled the AMCAP and initially everything was ok. The program ran in any computer.

I finished all the changes and then i realized the following: the program, run only in computers with visual studio installed.
So, i did some tests like:
1- I checked what dlls the AMCAP uses and I putted all in the some directory. The result was the same message
2- I put a return statement at the begining of the Winmain routine. In my computer the program go in and out but in other computers the result was the same message.
3- I tried to recompile the AMCAP original (without changes) and the result was the same message.

It seems that there is something strange at the beggining of the program header.

tks.

#4 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

Keith,
I compiled the AMCAP and initially everything was ok. The program ran in any computer.

I finished all the changes and then i realized the following: the program, run only in computers with visual studio installed.

Well that comes back to the original problem. Any VB app needs the appropriate runtime files installed before it will work. In your case Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1. Plus your app may use certain references which you have to add. You can use Inno Setup to make your setup package if you're not used to VB.Net's. :thumbsup:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users