Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wblood intro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wblood

wblood

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:25 AM

Hi there

I join as many others seeking help with a PC malware problem.

I have been involved in the software development industry now for 25 years - on ancient now defunct mid-range machines such as Wang, and HP MPE and DEC VAX -- and most recently on IBM zOS and VM systems. Malware is a class of problem that just doesn't exist in that world...

I have had run-ins with malware before but this time I hit a Master Boot Record Rootkit and it is proving extremely difficult to eliminate.

I am certainly happy that places like tihs exist.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:34 AM

I am sure that, if you post about your problem in the AM I INFECTED? Forum, our Members can help you. Back in the old days, it was difficult to infect punch cards, now it is very much easier.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users