Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen, please help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve0

Steve0

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:21 AM

so I got home from work last night, turned on my Sony VAIO laptop and it did not work. It would go to the screen that said VAIO but then when it would try to go to windows I would get a black screen with a curson that blinked about 3 times, and then just a black screen. All the lights were flashing like they were supposed to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcxcsc

pcxcsc

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

many things can cause the cursor - black screen stall...1st make sure pc is booting to hard drive...When pc starts go into bios & check the boot order make sure it boots to cd 1st then hard drive OR look for boot menu option during startup & select the hard drive. If pc is booting to hard drive then try booting in safe mode press f8 continually during boot until you get to safe mode menu try starting in safe mode or try latest known good configuration. If you have the patience start pc & let it try boot (may take 5 or more minutes) sometimes a SLOW crawl boot (caused by clitches changes or viruses) appears to be haulted...if pc eventually boots the problem may be obvious (malware or virus). Also the hard drive may be bad...It's all I can suggest at this time if you get more info but no results post problem with more details

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:29 AM

When you get to the Viao splash screen press F8 a try starting windows in safe mode. Post back with your results and we can go from there.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users