Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I guess have your typical computer virus...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wildcat2000

wildcat2000

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:29 AM

It happens every while, maybe half hour to an hour or so. Its the same pop-up everytime. A grey rectangle window appears in the in middle of the screen with the usual windows beep sound effect and gives a warning. After I close it a fake scan starts in the background.

Ive already run Malwarebytes 4 times. The first time it found a few "malware traces", as it put it, and it removed it fine. I also did a Combo Fix scan but nothing showed up. I know people usually post log-reports but usually after the scan (before the log, in the scan window) after it reaches the number 50 it tells me if anything was found and removes it. At least thats what it did last time (it found a hidden rootkit). Like I said though nothing this time.

I recently bought an external usb hard drive. Could it have had a virus in it? Its brand new. I know that sounds ridiculous its just once years a game disc infected our old PC, at least thats what it seemed to be back then.

Ive been away from my PC for about a month. Does this sound like a new virus I dont know of? I wouldnt think so. Its just some annoying pop-up alerts, which I should metion close my browsing window when they show up.

What should I do? If anything at all...thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users