Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash Player Helper 10.0 r32 has stopped working

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ramonv

ramonv

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:13 AM

Hi.

We have a fairly new HP laptop with 64-bit Windows Vista.
We recently downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10. Big mistake.
Now we have no working flash player, and we are constantly get this pop-up error message: "Adobe Flash Player Helper 10.0 r32 has stopped working," which pretty much brings our laptop to a halt.
We have tried:
Uninstalling Flash Player and reinstalling it.
Uninstalling it, and opening the 32-bit MSIE browser.
Simply uninstalling every Adobe item except for Adobe reader.
Searching for the helper, so we could remove it (no luck finding it).

Getting to the Adobe site is difficult, because they apparently use Flash on the site, which causes this error message to appear (or maybe it just appears at random, every few minutes).
Nothing gets rid of this error message which makes the laptop hang up big time.
I have read that Adobe Flash Player is not compatible w/ 64-bit computers. It would have been nice if they told us that when we began installing it. Now we can't get rid of it.
I have a Windows 7 disc, but I doubt if installing that will solve the problem, since the problem is apparently with the 64-bit OS. If someone thinks it will help, I will try installing that. Anything to make this error message go away.

Edited by ramonv, 10 January 2010 - 01:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:33 AM

Check here: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2153/vista_...e_flash_player/
Read the comments. You may need to turn UAC off, first.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 ramonv

ramonv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:25 PM

Thank you. I had seen that, and was going to try it, but there was no Macromed directory on our laptop that I could find.
For now, we went back a week with the restore feature, and this has stopped the error message from appearing, and we haven't yet encountered a page that won't load properly. But the Adobe message about an update is popping up when the laptop is turned on. Obviously, we are not allowing it to download the update. But we're hoping there is a better solution. or that Adobe makes Flash compatible with 64 bit systems very soon.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:53 PM

But the Adobe message about an update is popping up when the laptop is turned on

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx
No installation required.
Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
Go File>Save, and save AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
Attach the file to your next reply.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 ramonv

ramonv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:23 PM

Before I do that, what is that going to do? That will stop the Adobe update messages?

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:26 PM

Possibly. That log will show me what's starting on your computer.

My Website

#7 ramonv

ramonv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:20 PM

Sorry for not getting back to you. My pc got a bad virus, and we solved the Adobe problem on my wife's laptop with the system restore. Thanks for your help. The install update messages have stopped popping up.

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

Did you cure the infection?

My Website

#9 ramonv

ramonv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:34 AM

On my pc? Yes, with Hitman. It was that redirect virus, and I was getting the shutdown message with the 60-second timer. What a pain.

#10 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:56 AM

OK, so, I need that Autoruns log.

My Website

#11 gigisabrosa

gigisabrosa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:44 AM

Hi.

We have a fairly new HP laptop with 64-bit Windows Vista.
We recently downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10. Big mistake.
Now we have no working flash player, and we are constantly get this pop-up error message: "Adobe Flash Player Helper 10.0 r32 has stopped working," which pretty much brings our laptop to a halt.
We have tried:
Uninstalling Flash Player and reinstalling it.
Uninstalling it, and opening the 32-bit MSIE browser.
Simply uninstalling every Adobe item except for Adobe reader.
Searching for the helper, so we could remove it (no luck finding it).

Getting to the Adobe site is difficult, because they apparently use Flash on the site, which causes this error message to appear (or maybe it just appears at random, every few minutes).
Nothing gets rid of this error message which makes the laptop hang up big time.
I have read that Adobe Flash Player is not compatible w/ 64-bit computers. It would have been nice if they told us that when we began installing it. Now we can't get rid of it.
I have a Windows 7 disc, but I doubt if installing that will solve the problem, since the problem is apparently with the 64-bit OS. If someone thinks it will help, I will try installing that. Anything to make this error message go away.

I have a problem. I'm trying to install adobe flash player, but it doesn't work. I have a HP 64 bit computer. Please help.

#12 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:46 AM

You need to start your own topic.

My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users