Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crashing on Boot

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John Wesley

John Wesley

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:39 AM

I just installed a new motherboard (Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H AMD785G Socket AM2+) and cpu (AMD Athlon II) in a computer. Now when I try to boot the computer it crashes when Windows (XP) starts to load, then it reboots, asks me if I should start Windows normally, and crashes again. I haven't touch the default bios on the computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:17 AM

Any installation Driver CD's with new motherboard? You may have to download chipset drivers from mobo manufacturer.
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:30 AM

Did you do a clean install?

Changing a Motherboard or Moving Hard Drive - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html

Louis

#4 longtooth

longtooth

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:44 AM

Might be an idea to check your clock speed! Take lois's advice, did you fresh install, if internal hardware has changed windows will need reintalling. (Apart from CD rom or memory)

Edited by longtooth, 10 January 2010 - 09:51 AM.

longtooth

#5 John Wesley

John Wesley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

I'm trying the repair install as suggested by the article, but now I get an error that reads "The instruction at '0x7798105e' referenced memory at '0xf1cdbfe9.' The memory could not be 'read.'"

I've tried clicking both ok to terminate the program and cancel to debug, neither worked.

#6 Computeq

Computeq

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

Did you do a a fresh install or just moved the HDD if not i would reccoment reinstalling windows on a clean HDD back up your files first

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users