Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

not sure whats wrong

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Omahez

Omahez

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

Alright so recently I was for sure infected with worm.win32.netsky and probably some other viruses I didn't know about. So I ran a scan with AVG 8.0 and it found a few things, although it also detected userinit.exe, but me being quick about it, I just healed and deleted everything. So after that my computer restarted on its own, guessing it just crashed. So when I tried to log in a second later it would log me back out due to userinit.exe not being there. So I fixed this by doing a windows xp repair install (a few files couldn't be copied). but after doing all that I could finally log back in. so my desktop got all reset to whatever color i had and a black box saying "your system is infected" "system has been stopped due to serious malfunction. spyware activity has been detected". I ran spybot search and destroy scan and it found numerous things infected and it healed them all. I restarted my computer and there is still something wrong with it. I ran a scan again and it found nothing.

Currently my PC that is infected is not able to access the internet. probably from that "system has stopped due to serious malfunction" message. I'm currently using another computer in my house.

If there is any more info anyone needs please say.

I really need this fixed. help please

Edited by Omahez, 09 January 2010 - 11:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 basile

basile

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:07 AM

can you get online in safemode? what scans have you done, have you tried malwarebytes?

go to this site:
http://malwarebytes.org/

download the free version (blue button on left)

let me know what happens or if you need more help getting anywhere.

Edited by basile, 10 January 2010 - 12:09 AM.

"Maybe if you give me the bad news in a good way, it wont be so bad." Robin Hood Men in Tights

#3 Omahez

Omahez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:03 AM

The scans I have done so far are one from AVG and two from spybot search and destroy.

I went to safe mode and I still can't connect to the internet. I went to my internet connection and theres nothing, tried connecting to my modem but i'm having trouble. When I wasn't in safe mode I went to my internet connection and it showed I was connected. So, thats kind of confusing me now.

Sorry, but I was unable to run a malwarebytes scan

Forgot to mention that when I start up my computer and log in (not in safe mode) I get a RUNDLL error message saying "error loading c:\windows\system32\melunule.dll"

Edited by Omahez, 10 January 2010 - 01:08 AM.

#4 Omahez

Omahez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:04 PM

Just an update -

I am now able to access the internet on my infected PC

and I ran a malwarebytes scan found and eliminated a few things.

not sure if this means anything, but I can now change my desktop background from that warning sign.

I think everything infected on my PC is now healed/gone, but is there anyway to make sure my computer is completely healed?

(sorry for double post xD)

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:11 AM

Please post the MBAM log.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.

Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Omahez

Omahez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

I was able to run the ATF - Cleaner and SUPERAntiSpyware in Safe Mode. However, I do not have a SUPER scan log. I ran the scan and it found a Trojan and I quarantined it and it asked me to reboot so I did except I didn't reboot back into safe mode. When I went to go to the logs, there was nothing. I went to my quarantines files and there was nothing there. I guess it didn't register the scan or anything. Was I suppose to boot back up into safe mode? Should I just run it again?

Anyhow though here is my mbam log

MBAM Log

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3510
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180

1/10/2010 3:54:07 PM
mbam-log-2010-01-10 (15-54-07).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 229610
Time elapsed: 44 minute(s), 28 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 7
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 3

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\IS2010 (Rogue.InternetSecurity2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop\NoChangingWallpaper (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoSetActiveDesktop (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\activedesktop\NoChangingWallpaper (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoSetActiveDesktop (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\InternetSecurity2010 (Rogue.InternetSecurity2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nmevtmsgi.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\logon.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\41.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

Hello,sorry for the delay.
Sometimes this happens with SAS and it comes back after a shut down and reboot. Also it sometimes shows up in the Admin or other user account.
Did you notice if it found and removed things?

Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users