Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot end process (Ableton 8.0.9)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dshaf

dshaf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:53 PM

Hi,

Not sure what forum to put this under, Windows Vista or Audio, but since the solution will only be applicable to Vista, I thought this was the right choice. Basically, I have Windows 32-bit Vista running on a Dell Inspiron 585 QuadCore, 4 gigs RAM. I am running Ableton 8.0.9, which almost always runs great, but every now and then, it will freeze, not crash, aka no message saying "A SERIOUS ERROR HAS OCCURRED" it just freezes, the Vista circle animation pops up. Cannot end the task which is "Live 8.0.9.dll" in task manager, not when I try to end process, or end process tree, neither works. I try shutting down my soundcard, a USB E-MU audio soundcard, which is running through ASIO. After about 10 minutes every time this happens, finally Ableton will close and can be reopened. Needless to say, the tech support over at ableton have no clue and told me to switch over to MAC, lol. If anyone here can give me some information would be just great. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users