Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my CPU O.K?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Utaguna

Utaguna

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:16 PM

Hey guys, Im just wondering if I should do anything with my CPU. I have an AMD Dual-core CPU at 1.8 ghz, and im using windows 7 to constantly make videos and browse the net.
Is this going to work with windows 7 a few months down the road or will it crash on me?
I really need an opinion on this, thanks everyone

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GamerTech

GamerTech

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

yes, your cpu will work fine with windows 7. as to if it will crash that depends on the applications u use
Dell XPS 420
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33 Ghz
ATI Radeon HD4670 512 MB (Shared Ram 1 GB)
3 GB RAM
320 GB HDD (For now...)

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:10 AM

FWIW: The O/S can crash anytime...due to malware...software...hardware...or an O/S problem. The only protection against such is a user who is somewhat diligent in maintaining these things...and lucky also :thumbsup:.

Systems have crashed on all of us, that in itself is no calamity if proper precautions have been taken (e.g., backing up).

No one can tell what the future holds, hence the importance of backing up and being prepared for the worst.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users