Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newly custom built computer, video will not work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joesmith

joesmith

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

Hey there, I have a friend who recently built a PC. He ordered custom parts, etc. and his brother helped put it together. They managed to have it put together properly, but when the monitor is hooked up, there is no video. We tried the monitor on another PC and it worked fine. I had figured they must have missed something when setting it up, but when I went and checked, everything seemed correct.

There is no video card mounted in the mother board, they just use the analog graphics controller. I feel this issue is just something simple they might have missed in the process of putting it together, so I was just wondering if there are any suggestions to try and troubleshoot this problem? Or even something to look for when inspecting the inside hardware? Any help is much apprciated!

Thanks!

Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

Worth a look, No POST - No Video - http://support.gateway.com/s/Checklists/BP...007050376.shtml

Louis

#3 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:49 PM

more info perhaps? what kind of mb what kind of cpu whatkind of ram, does it boot to setup od does it beep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users