Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer gives off a RunDLL when start

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kamador451

kamador451

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

whenever I startup my computer it gives off a RunDLL it says that "There was a problem starting C:\Users\LEE\AppData\Local\vcatorpt.dll The specified module could not be found" is this important? and if not how can I stop it from givng off this warning.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

never heard of it. do start run regsvr32 /u vcatorpt.dll to unregistered it from your computer.

#3 kamador451

kamador451
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

i'm sorry i have no idea. I ran a search for vcatorpt.dll and i don't know what it is either

Edited by kamador451, 09 January 2010 - 04:54 PM.

#4 kamador451

kamador451
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:05 PM

I tried to uninstall the dll but it gives me a "the module "vcatorpt.dll" failed to load. Make sure that the binary is stored in the specified path or debug it to check for problems in the binary or dependent .DLL files the specified module cannot be found" is there any way around this?

I also use RegGenie and RegistryBooster to try and fix this but doesn't work

Edited by kamador451, 09 January 2010 - 05:53 PM.

#5 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:23 PM

go to start, type cmd, right click and choose run as administrator, then type in regsvr32 /u vcatorpt.dll and see if that helps

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

vcatorpt.dll doesn't have a single hit on Google, so, most likely, you're infected.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users