Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My new computer turns off and on by itself

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jorgegee

jorgegee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:25 PM

Just bought a new computer i5 750 with 680w PS, but w/o the graphics card or OS. I installed a GTS 250 and turned on to install Windows, but the computer turns on for about 15 seconds and then shuts off by itself for a period of about 5 seconds. Then it starts by itself again and follows the same pattern. There are no warning beeps, and I checked every single cable to make sure they are properly connected.

I tried it by removing the graphics card, I removed one of the memory sticks, removed both, pluged in the computer to a different outlet, and all the basics. Everything is new in the computer and I doubt that this is caused by the power supply. I think this is more related to the mobo. I have an AsRock P55M Pro

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P55M+Pro

Any leads on what this could be from some of the experienced guys?

Thanks,

Edited by jorgegee, 09 January 2010 - 03:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 looney2340

looney2340

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:31 PM

This is just my guess but you may want to try....i had a similar problem build a 3000 gaming computer for a customer of mine it kept rebooting over and over again....turned out one of the memory modules was bad i changed it and it works great....also may be a bad video driver...try changing the memory and if you have another video card try that as well....not sure if it will solve your problem but it at least its a start espically if all you had to add was the video card....also if it has an onboard video card on the mother board try using that and swap memory out to new ones if possible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users