Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fragmented/blurry screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 morba

morba

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:28 PM

Hey guys,

I just purchased a Lenovo T400 with Windows 7. It works fine, but every so often the image gets fragmented/blurred. It normally happens on my background image, but it also happens on any app I run. An image is worth a thousand words so take a look

I believe it could be a driver issue, but just want to check with the forum, see if anyone has had a similar problem.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

The driver would be the first place to look, check for an updated driver on the manufactures site there may be and update. Sure can not hurt!

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 morba

morba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:00 PM

I went on the Lenovo home page, and changed my driver to v.8.15.10.1855. When installing it, I was informed it was an older version. I changed it regardless. At first it seemed as if the problem was resolved. But I still get random pixels on my screen. Although not as bad as before.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,395 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

[quote name='morba' date='Jan 9 2010, 04:00 PM' post='1573166']
I went on the Lenovo home page, and changed my driver to v.8.15.10.1855. When installing it, I was informed it was an older version. I changed it regardless. At first it seemed as if the problem was resolved. But I still get random pixels on my screen. Although not as bad as before.
[/quote

Ok one more try, delete the video driver and reboot the system will load on using MS generic system drivers. Then load the updated driver see if that fixes it, I have had to rip drivers off a few times and reload to get things fixed. You may have to repeat the process using Ccleaner in between to get rid of any left over junk. This stuff always takes time and patience and a few cuss words!

Phil

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

I just purchased a Lenovo T400 with Windows 7

I'd bring it back right away.
If it's some video chip problem, since it's a laptop, you're in trouble.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,395 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

I just purchased a Lenovo T400 with Windows 7

I'd bring it back right away.
If it's some video chip problem, since it's a laptop, you're in trouble.

Good thinking it may be the best path!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users