Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleted EKLBD.SYS and now keyboard nor mouse will work.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 General Contractor

General Contractor

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:18 PM

Hey guys,

Well last weekend I installed Kaspersky to my computer after my information was phished.
Thank goodness for my blackberry where I was gettting the alerts of my passwords being changed.
Well so I installed Kaspersky after a friend recommended it. Once installed It ran a scan and detected
a keylogger as EKLBD.sys....which I was like ok there it is and I deleted it. Well my computer was working fine
and then I shut it down. Well the other night I went to use it and the keyboard wouldnt work. I went through windows
and tried to update the driver with no luck. I uninstalled the keyboard and then reinstalled it with no luck. I have a
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard. Well today I went to reinstall the IntelliPoint Software that I
downloaded that included the drivers for the keyboard. I then restarted the computer and now my mouse (trackball)
wont work. I have a Logitech Cordless Optical TrackMan Trackball. How do I even begin now? I dont know what to do to get my computer to even function?? Any help would be appreciated. I have a laptop that I use and a blackberry so as far as getting anywhere I can with these. I will donate for your help in resolving this issue!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

Reboot and start tapping the F8 key like you are going into safe mode
Do you have the option to "Boot to last known good configuration"?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 General Contractor

General Contractor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

yes I do have that option!

#4 General Contractor

General Contractor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:09 PM

Ok so I pressed F8 and went to the Last known Configuration that works:
it asks me if I want to select Windows Xp or the Recovery Console...

here is what happens with each selection:

windows xp.... it boots the computer up as normal...still nothing works.
it doesnt ask me if I want to go back to a certain date as i expected.

recovery console....it will then load windows as well the same

so both options lead me to the same thing.

I tried to boot to safe mode. still nothing...asks me to login but I cant click or type so its a no go.

I dont know what to do??

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:23 PM

A failing CMOS battery can produce erratic system behavior.

Louis

#6 General Contractor

General Contractor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:26 PM

I understand this...but It started as I deleted EKLBD.sys after being Phished and it being detected as a keylogger.

Is there any way I could connect my laptop to my desktop and run it as a virtual machine?
Not real sure anyways

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users