Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having one hell of a time with PC Live Guard

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AdibM

AdibM

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:02 AM

Hi all,

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove PC Live Guard. I can't find any directories for it in my system, nor does it show up in the list of installed programs when I go to that menu in Control Panel. It cannot be detected by AVG 9, SpyBot 1.6, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010, Spyware Doctor, or MalwareBytes. Manual uninstalls have also failed; I've gone deep within my registry in a way that all websites seem to have recommended and cannot, for the most part, find the files that Live Guard is supposed to have made on my machine.

When I remove temporary files it has created, they are merely recreated upon restart. I know which process it is (PC<random numbers>.exe) and can easily kill it, but of course that isn't a permanent solution.

I'm at my wit's end - please help! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AdibM

AdibM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:53 PM

Bump - page 3 already. :thumbsup:

#3 AdibM

AdibM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

Bump.

#4 Maurice Naggar

Maurice Naggar

Eradicator de malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,088 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

Hello,

Don't do any websurfing or any online games, for the duration, until the rogue is removed.
You do need guided help and I'd be glad to help, but you must make a post with reports in the Malware Removal sub-forum.
See this topic and follow all directions http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

After having done all preliminaries, you will be creating a new topic in the HijackThis-Malware removal forum, and putting the reports there.
After you have done that, send me a pm.

Do NOT modify the registry by yourself! That is dangerous.

This rogue makes 2 hidden folders plus is also known to corrupt your IE browser search engine default.

Having complete detail logs helps us to help you, so get started right away.
Do not post logs here nor expect help on this thread in this sub-forum

Cheers.
~Maurice Naggar
MS-MVP (Oct 2002 - Sept 2010)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users