Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello Everyone

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Raivaen

Raivaen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:20 PM

Greetings everyone. Im not very good at introductions but i figured ill give it a try.

Im 28, currently going to school for an Associated degree in Computer Networking Systems......I was first introduced to computer around the late 80's with an Apple2 GS. My first computer was a Packard Bell 486Dx. Ahh, the days of windows 3.1 and Dos 5.0.....yes, dos 5.0. Those were the days. Then came my second computer at the age of 13, which i build. It was a Cyrix 686, 266mhz. Wow, what an upgrade.....Im only 28, but have been around the block to say the least, when it comes to computers. Ive experienced just about every flavor or windows, several *nix distro's, experience with Cisco equipment and the list could go on and on....but i dont feel like boring you guys/girls any more. Any questions or anything, i am an open book, so post away....i hide nothing, ask and 'ye shall receive'

-Raiv

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

Hello Raiv and welcome to Bleeping Computer.
Nice to have you here
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 mybuddyeric

mybuddyeric

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:18 AM

Hi Raiv:

You sound like me in so many ways. =)
Tell me you rocked out Oregon Trail on the old Apple II. It will bring a nostalgic sigh of relief.

In any case, welcome.
fueled by coffee™

#4 Raivaen

Raivaen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:28 AM

aye...oregon trail....back in 5th grade.......constituted arrow keys for movement in a black and white screen on a 5 1/4'' floppy disk....such a good game.....caused no memeory dump errors......no such thing as BSoD........awww, like i said before, the good olde days

#5 mybuddyeric

mybuddyeric

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:52 PM

aye...oregon trail....back in 5th grade.......constituted arrow keys for movement in a black and white screen on a 5 1/4'' floppy disk....such a good game.....caused no memeory dump errors......no such thing as BSoD........awww, like i said before, the good olde days

haha... yes, the good OLD days, for sure! glad to have you here.
fueled by coffee™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users