Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trojan horse BackDoor.Generic12.GOG.dropper

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kristalau

kristalau

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:36 PM

avg picked up said virus yesterday and after doing some searching i came across combofix with tutorial. i did run combofix and them came here to post my log. only to see it says to not post any logs and do not use it without someone who has been trained to use it. well oops.. to late, lol. everything seems fine. i did run spybot after and it turned up nothing. i have the log saved to my desk top and i would love to have some help with what ever steps need to be taken next. thanks! :thumbsup:

Edited by kristalau, 08 January 2010 - 10:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kristalau

kristalau
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:32 AM

avg picked up a virus yesterday called trojan horse Back Door. generic12 and after doing some searching i came across combofix with tutorial. i did run combofix and them came here to post my log. only to see it says to not post any logs and do not use it without someone who has been trained to use it. well oops.. to late, lol. everything seemedfine. i ran spybot after and it turned up nothing. i have the log saved to my desk top. earlier i had to uninstal AVG in order to run combofix. upon reinstallation a new threat was detected "trojan horse Generic16.WTC". it seems to be in my spybot, quicktime, IE, java, itunes ( to name a few)and even in my childs leapfrog software. please help me get rid of this!

Edited by kristalau, 09 January 2010 - 04:38 PM.

#3 kristalau

kristalau
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

avg picked up a virus yesterday called trojan horse Back Door. generic12 and after doing some searching i came across combofix with tutorial. i did run combofix and them came here to post my log. only to see it says to not post any logs and do not use it without someone who has been trained to use it. well oops.. to late, lol. everything seemedfine. i ran spybot after and it turned up nothing. i have the log saved to my desk top.

earlier i had to uninstal AVG in order to run combofix. upon reinstallation a new threat was detected "trojan horse Generic16.WTC". it seems to be in my spybot, quicktime, IE, java, itunes ( to name a few)and even in my childs leapfrog software. please help me get rid of this!!

i wish i could figure out how to delete a topic! lol!

Edited by kristalau, 10 January 2010 - 10:17 AM.
Merged 3 topics. ~ OB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users