Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Security 2010 and stuck on Welcome screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nb2010

nb2010

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

Found this forum after I got infected by Internet Security 2010 today.
Thought I'd caught it right away, but after I rebooted the computer after SuperAntiSpyware's removal, I can't go beyond the welcome screen, not even in safe mode.

It'll ask me to log in (which it never did before) and just keep looping no matter what I typed in. I've tried hitting Ctrl/Alt/Del but that doesn't do any good; it still keeps loading the welcome page. Don't know if this means anything, but I can see the desktop picture briefly before the welcome screen comes up.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!!!
I don't know what to try now since I can't even get to the command prompt part or install anything.
Thanks very much in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:47 AM

It'll ask me to log in (which it never did before) and just keep looping no matter what I typed in.

Does it start to log you on and then log you off again? If so, that is a common problem called the LogOn/Logoff Loop and there is very good "fix" for it.

Fix Windows XP LogOn/LogOff Loop ..... thinkinginpixels
http://thinkinginpixels.com/quick-fixes/fi...onlog-off-loop/
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#3 nb2010

nb2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:26 PM

Thanks AustrAlien! will try this fix after I finish running the Avira Rescue CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users