Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP zv6000 ( Xp Home) Stuck

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BNDAZ

BNDAZ

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:46 PM

Friend came to me with a HP ZV6000 laptop with issues.
Symptoms:
Boots
offers f10/f12 for boot menu/ boot order.
i can get in to bios.
F8 does not work
windows loading screen appears and changes to HP screen( desktop) with nothing on it.
It will stay this way for hours , no drive activity.

touchpad works
caplocks key turns on and off.
waiting for restore disks from him, but he said that they will not work...apparently not being read by cd/dvd rom( they did on prior restores)

Onr thing..the "down arrow" key is missing and the "button" that woudl normally activate it looks to be stuck down if that makes sense.
I am wondering if the keyboard is shorted out in some manner?

I have goggled solutions but came only across a couple somewhat related issues, nothing concrete.
any suggestions on first step? ( i though ti would buy a cheap keyboard on eBay and replace it first...
cmos battery?

Edited by BNDAZ, 08 January 2010 - 05:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users