Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

takes two attepmts sign in hotmail...and rundl132.exe rundll16.exe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thebunk

thebunk

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

Hi and patiently waiting for any info and help you guys might be able to give...my problem is that when i sign into hotmail, using my browser, chrome, i have to type my passwor twice to sign in. first attempt brings the wrong password warning and the 2nd time it signs in... i PROMISE the password is correct the 1st time, 100% guarantee it!!! i really do, this has been going on for awhile, only jst got round to doing anything about it...or trying at least lol i experience no other problems except slow internet sometimes (who doesnt in uk!!)

also.....

i have had problems before with infections and have done fixes before, i sometimes check my windows folders etc to see anything suspicious, to the best of my ability...and this time i saw 5 things, folders named RUNDL132.EXE and RUNDLL16.EXE and LOGO1_.EXE and LOGO_1.EXE (ALL EMPTY FOLDERS WINDOWS SAYS, SHOW HIDDEN IS TICKED) and a file unknown to windows called LIC.XXX (what files end .xxx??) that is the weirdest i think!!! in searching about these names i found a host of support sites like yours (and yours) and process/utilities webistes saying they are bad and linked to trojans and various other malware...i scanned with MBAM after seeing these files/folders, it found a malware trace and deleted, rebooted fine....thing is i experience no real problems except the hotmail thing (which still happens despite MBAM scan and delete)...but something is going on, or was going on...i know a little about all this but not much lol i am running XP PRO SP3....kaspersky anti virus and i scan on occasion with MBAM, SAS, A2, SPYBOT etc nothing comes up....please help give me peace of mind many thanks and regards, matt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thebunk

thebunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

sorry should have given you the full paths i guess

c:/windows/logo1_.exe (folder)
c:/windows/logo_1.exe (folder)
c:/windows/rundl132.exe (folder)
c:/windows/rundll16.exe (folder)
c:/windows/lic.xxx (file)

folders are actually named .exe

#3 Polarbearable

Polarbearable

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:16 AM

It an annoying problem with Chrome, but not serious. These links provide some useful info.

http://superuser.com/questions/44888/why-d...o-hotmail-twice

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chro...b56d2&hl=en

Hope this helps.

#4 thebunk

thebunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:58 AM

yeah i guess that explains it...cheers buddy!! still not sure about the logo_1.exe rundl132.exe etc...any mods help or guidance would be greatly appreciated..:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users