Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

# of files on Computer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BrainyTehBrain

BrainyTehBrain

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

Is there any way or program to count the amount of files I have on my computer so I know how much progress my antivirus is making?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,285 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

My AV program reflects that on the console screen, I use Avira AntiVir Personal.

Generally, any AV programs reflects that during the scan, IME.

Louis

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:25 AM

If you open your C drive and click on edit in the toolbar, you can click on select all, then right click on any highlighted folder and select properties. Towards the top of the box that opens, you will see the count of all files and folders on that drive. Do that on all drives, add the number of files on each drive together, and you will have the number of all files on your computer.

It can take several minutes for all the files to be counted once the properties box opens.

Before you do that, make sure that you have Windows set to not hide system files and to not hide protected files so that all your files are showing.

Edited by Stang777, 09 January 2010 - 02:23 AM.

#4 longtooth

longtooth

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

Stang777 Is spot on brainy teh brain! Click on c:/ then depress ctrl and press a at the same time to select all, right click and then select properties. you will see a file cound at the top

longtooth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users