Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus removal help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Omahez

Omahez

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

It started when I turned on my computer this morning. Two pop-ups opened. one of them said I had virus called worm.win32.netsky and the other pop-ups was Windows protector 2009. My desktop wallpaper also changed to a black box saying my system is infected. I also cant open task manager for some unknown reason. It says it was disabled by Administrator even though I am the admin and I have no knowledge of ever disabling it nor do I even know how.

My main problem though is the worm.win32.netsky that has infected my computer.

I'm using windows XP

any help would be appreciated.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section)

Edited by Omahez, 08 January 2010 - 03:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Omahez

Omahez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:39 PM

nevermind my computer's power turned off. Now when I try to log in, my desktop background shows for about a second then it instantly logs me back out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users