Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Worm.Win32.NetSky and the phony Internet Security 2010 Package

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CMOSbattMAN

CMOSbattMAN

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:29 PM

So it started one day, I was doing a bit of downloading, and all of a sudden, all my windows system critical processes started failing. Windows Protocol, etc. I tried to reboot, and first thing that pops up, I get a warning message, that I'm infected with Worm.Win32.Netsky. It gives me a detailed description about how its this malicious e-mail worm, telling me which systems it affects and that I should get some protection asap. After I close that dialogue, Windows Explorer fails to even load before an error message tells me its not even running. Right now the best I have is Safe Mode with networking. I have already tried half a dozen anti-virus software programs and other what not. A recent file, desktop.ini showed up on my desktop. I felt compelled to delete it, although I probably shouldn't have. This is most soffisticated virus I have ever encountered before. It even is trying to get me to purchase this Internet Security 2010 Software for 49.95$ which is obviously bogus. The constant bombardment of security pop-ups is just frustrating. I also seem to have limited control of my computer either from the virus, or because of safe mode, I'm not even sure anymore. And the majority of my programs when booted either fail immediatly, or I get this error message saying its an infected file and it can't be opened. I'm almost at my wits end and am willing to do a hardrive format almost. There are only a few critical files I'd like to save anyway, but if it can be avoided I'd much apreciate it. Please help me!

CMOSbattMAN

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users