Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remove IS2010 with Malwarebytes, now comp wont boot

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Twindaddy66

Twindaddy66

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:08 PM

Yep I'm another one...here we go...

Computer: Gateway DX300x running Windows XP Media edition.

Problem: Got infected with IS2010

What I did: Had to load Malwarebytes from another computer to a thumbdrive, along with that other "kill" thing everyone says use. Followed instructions from similar posts on here, and was sucessful in transfering to the Gateway.

I ran all the programs and malwarebytes identified everything, and I selected remove. It asked to do a restart to complete the removal, which I did..

Now the computer does not boot. It boots to the select user screen, but I cannot get any further, it loops back to selecting a user.

I select my account, it says "loading your personal settings" then IMMEDIATLY flashes and say "Logging off" the goes back to select user screen....

IT WILL NOT BOOT IN SAFE MODE EITHER, I do not have a flopp drive, and if I cant boot I cant make back up discs, so save those tips on making backup stuff.....

Thanks

Edited by Twindaddy66, 08 January 2010 - 12:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Twindaddy66

Twindaddy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

Update:

While I was researching these forums for more ..how to's, the PC was sitting on the "select user" screen, when all of a sudden, it went to the BSOD....I did nothing to it....

The error says
***STOP: 0X0000007F, (0x0000008, 0xBA3A0D70, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

attempted reboot, now all it does is loop back to the safe mode selection screen..and no it will not boot in safe modes...any of them. I select one, it goes though the motions and goes right back to the first screen.....

I have it in the boot select screen (F10) so it wont keep looping......(after the 30 second countdown...)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

#3 twss

twss

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

I'v had the same problem ,Only my computer doesn't boot to the user screen , it just boots after you choose safe mode , to a blank screen , then this "multi"(0)disk(0) somthing or another , blah blah kinda stuff .

So if by any chance , you figure something out , let me know aswell .
Thanks .

#4 Twindaddy66

Twindaddy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:03 PM

well, i'm tired of fighting this issue, so I'm doing a reformat and recovery. Luck for me this is a new HDD and I wont loose anything important...its just the PITA of having to find and install all the drivers I know are going to be missing, the service packs etc. Plus all the other pains...I have too many peripherals...LOL

Good luck

#5 twss

twss

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:11 PM

haha thanks , yeah its sometimes not worth trying to figure out a way around this crap .
I can't wipe mine however , it won't even boot from a disk .
Have a good one !

#6 CyberSorcerer

CyberSorcerer

Malware Reverse Engineer

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:22 PM

Hello All

BSOD's are my thing, but troubleshoot them you need some Windows Internals knowledge and WinDgg or kb. But let me give just a quick overview of the bug check (STOP CODE) your receiving, at least this threat will come up if someone else searches on the code.

0x7F is "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" and has two kinds of traps. A "bound trap", which happens on a trap the kernel is not permitted to catch. And a "double fault" which is a fault that occurred while processing an earlier fault.

The first parameter 0x0000008 shows you had a double fault, normally exceptions are handled serially but there are exceptions that can't be handled serially and when this happens the processor signals a double fault. There are normally two causes for this:
  • A kernel stack overflow, which takes the windows internals knowledge to troubleshoot I mentioned earlier
  • A hardware problem, which usually is a little more straight forward.
Just for future knowledge of anyone coming here from a search, I'll list the more common trap codes for this bug check:
  • 0x00000001 A system-debugger call
  • 0x00000003 A debugger breakpoint
  • 0x00000007 A hardware coprocessor instruction with no coprocessor present
  • 0x0000000A A corrupted Task State Segment
  • 0x0000000B An access to a memory segment that was not present
  • 0x0000000C An access to memory beyond the limits of a stack
  • 0x0000000D An exception not covered by some other exception; a protection fault that pertains to access violations for applications
I hope this offers you and others some help when receiving this error. BSOD's are not for the normal users to get involved with usually. They are most helpful to developers mostly in troubleshooting problems there software is having with Windows. Believe it or not, third party software is the biggest cause of BSOD and system hangs in my experience.

CyberSorcerer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users