Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Solution Center Install Message

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 beaniejem

beaniejem

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:38 AM

I have a new issue

Each time I reboot I get the following message about the Solution Center

"The feature you are trying to use is on a cd-rom or other removable disk that is not available.

Insert the 'SolutionCenter' disk and click ok.

then in the use source box it has the number 1.

How do I get rid of this?

FARBAR sent me here

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 beaniejem

beaniejem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:12 PM

Found The Solution.....no pun intended

File name:
eSupport_hpcom_130_011.exe, (1/1 , 44.52M)
By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the HP software licensing agreement
HP software licensing agreement.
Released: 2009-11-14
Version: 13.0
Compatibility: Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit), Microsoft Windows XP x64
System requirements: This patch will not install properly if you do not have the previous software version installed.
Description: This update corrects two issues: 1) Solution Center prompting for disk when launched or during a pc reboot and 2) Prevents an application error with hpqgpc01.exe when PC is shut down.
Enhancements:
1) Solution Center prompting for disk when launched or during a pc reboot.
2) Prevents an application error with hpqgpc01.exe when PC is shut down.

Give us your feedback
1.Which option did you select? "Install now"(available on selected files) or "Download only" to install your software / driver? (choose ONE option which best describes your experience)
Install now

Installation was successful, and my problem was resolved
Installation was successful, but my problem was NOT resolved
Installation was NOT successful

Download only

File successfully downloaded, I launched and installed it on my system, and my problem was resolved
File successfully downloaded, I launched and installed it on my system, and my problem was NOT resolved
File successfully downloaded, but I was unable to launch and install it
File did NOT download successfully.

2. Why were you downloading the software / driver

To update to a newer software /driver version
To acquire missing software / drivers
To acquire software / drivers for my upgraded operating system (e.g., Windows XP to Windows Vista)
To acquire software / drivers because I downgraded my operating system (e.g., Windows Vista to Windows XP)
Because HP told me I needed to update
Other (please explain in the comment field in question 4)

3. How useful were the instructions on this page?
Not Useful Very Useful

4. What can Hewlett-Packard do to improve the download experience

This information is for website improvement only and will not be responded to on an individual basis. If you need assistance please Contact HP

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:12 PM

The Windows Solution Center is for Vista not XP
Is this computer a HP, by chance?

Edited by garmanma, 08 January 2010 - 12:13 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

We posted at the same time
I'm glad you found the solution

Edited by garmanma, 08 January 2010 - 12:15 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users