Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow shut down after spyware attack/removal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Shady Whiskers

Shady Whiskers

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:13 AM

Late Nov my computer started a pop up headed Antivirus System Pro alert . stating my computer was being attacked by an internet virus . It listed an attack from 12122118016# port25102. Threat win32 /Nuqel.E Do you want to block? I suspected this repeating warning was malicious so I said no . I tried to run mcafee security to stop or remove it and got a warning that file mcu update.exe is infected .Some different addreses and port numbers came up as well. threat Bakerfox.A. A windows security alert posted on the tool bar I used MacAfee to shut down the firewall internet acess and shotly thereafter the entire computer would repeatedly shut down/restart. My computer savvy friend was able to delete the files causing system failure but now the computer takes 5 to 6 minutes to shut off . Slow to shut down windows and to shut down completely . I have run a good registry cleaner to no avail. What next .Help!! Windows X/P system

Edited by Shady Whiskers, 08 January 2010 - 11:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users