Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:44 AM
If you are having problems with java:
Please download JavaRa
and unzip it to your desktop.
- Double-click on JavaRa.exe to start.
- Use the drop down box to choose your language and click Select.
- Select "Remove Older Versions".
- Click Yes when asked "This will remove all older versions of the Java JRE...Are you sure you want to proceed?"
- Click Ok when search and removal of old versions has completed.
- A notice will appear indicating "Finished searching for all old versions...A logfile has been created...called JavaRa.log...
JavaRa will now open its logfile."
- Click Ok and notepad will open with the log results of what was found and removed.
- View the logfile and close notepad.
- A copy of JavaRa.log will automatically be saved to your primary hard drive (usually C\:JavaRa.log).
- Return to JavaRa and click the button for Additonal Tasks.
- Select these Tasks:
- Remove Useless JRE Files
- Remove Startup Entry
- Remove JavaRa Logfile (optional)
- Click Go and then Ok when prompted "Finished searching for useless JRE files.
- Click Ok again when prompted "Finished searching for JRE startup entries.
- Close the Additional Tasks window, exit JavaRa and reboot your computer.
Then download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6
and save it to your desktop.
-- The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications but it's not necessary.
- Look for "Java Runtime Environment (JRE)" JRE 6 Update 17.
- Click the "Download" button to the right.
- Select your Platform: "Windows".
- Select your Language: "Multi-language".
- Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- Click Continue and the page will refresh.
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save the file to your desktop.
- From your desktop double-click on jre-6u17-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.
To disable the JQS service if you don't want to use it:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter.
- Click Ok and reboot your computer.
why won't my laptop work?
Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time aroundDo not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook