Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tried to SP2 Update but computer doesn't work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Paracitefluke

Paracitefluke

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:51 PM

Hi, I tried to update one of my computers to Service Pack 2 and it said it failed, so it tried to revert the changes back, but it took too long and I canceled the reverse the changes. And when I restarted the computer, it just doesn't load, you see the Windows XP bootup screen, but after 5 minutes of the boot screen the computer just restarts and continually does it. I would like to know how I can fix it. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phatcat42141

phatcat42141

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 21 August 2005 - 10:13 PM

Hi, I tried to update one of my computers to Service Pack 2 and it said it failed, so it tried to revert the changes back, but it took too long and I canceled the reverse the changes. And when I restarted the computer, it just doesn't load, you see the Windows XP bootup screen, but after 5 minutes of the boot screen the computer just restarts and continually does it. I would like to know how I can fix it. Thanks.

It looks like you may have to reinstall the whole OS if the repair feature on the XP Install disk don't work.

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:39 AM

Boot into Safe Mode if you can and do a System Restore.

How to start Windows in Safe Mode

Windows XP System Restore Guide

When you get to the screen that has the menu to choose Safe Mode there may be an option to select "Last Known Good Configuration". If so try that.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users