Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:41 PM
Hi, I am new to this forum and need help.
1) recently I started using MagicJack on my computer and seems like there was an update to the product.
2) I have Prevx 3.0 (free version) installed and it said it had found infections. Following is the message from the log file of Prevx 3.0 that identified the infection
"c:\documents and settings\$user\local settings\temp\nsv34.tmp\nssjphone.dll"
Please note that I have changed my user name to "$user"
3) I have Ad-aware and Microsoft Security Essentials installed on my computer. Ad-aware did not inform/identify any infections
4) Microsoft Security Essentials program requested that I submit the files for inspection - which I did
5) I have scanned my entire computer with Ad-aware and MS Sec Ess, but none of them found infections
6) Whenever the computer is started/re-started - while magicjack is loading and when I point the mouse to the Prevx3.0 icon in the tray, there is a msg like "infection found" --> when I click this message, Prevx 3.0 runs and after completing the scan it (Prevx 3.0) does not list any infections. Immediately I used MS Sec Ess and scanned the whole computer and it does not find any infections. Similarly the Ad-aware scan also does not find/list any infeections.
I am not sure if the Prevx 3.0 identification is genuine or not. But I wanted to be safe. Please help!!!!