When attempting to associate a default program for jpg, gif, etc., I get the "RUNDLL32 has stopped working."
I have uninstalled a dozen or more programs which I was told was the cause - conflict.
I cannot figure out how to post the sreen shots, so here is my process:
1. Right click jpg or gif and select Open With
2. Select Choose Default Program
3. Select any program from Paint to Windows Photo Gallery – it does not matter
4. Select Always Use Selected Program to open this kind of file
5. Select OK and get Windows Host Process (RUNDLL32) has stopped working
Thank you for any help. My HP Laptop, Vista Home Premium, 32 bit is only 6 months old. I am considering reformating the HD with a great deal of dread.
I have a backup.