Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hacked! Keylogged! Spied on! AAAAAAAHHH!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Riley Gunzz

Riley Gunzz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

:thumbsup:

OK. I am somewhat computer literate. My knowledge is mainly self taught which says it all so please bear with me if I mislabel or misconstrue things. My "boyfriend", I believe has installed a program on my laptop that tracks everything I do. I'll try to summarize without leaving out necessary facts. I found a bunch of files in Notepad. These files were txt docs mainly. Also exe. docs and html,jpig,gif....I had never used or even heard of Notepad. I opened these and they are I guess it would be called encrypted. I need to know how to make these readable. I believe I went to C: then Documents and Settings then RILEY GUNZZ....I hadn't made a Riley Gunzz folder? Within this there was OneNote folder which I had also never used. I also believe there are drivers and devices installed on my computer that do not belong as well.

I found a pin drive in our bed one morning. It looked familiar so I plugged it in not knowing that everything on it would transfer to my computer. Sooooo....it seems his personal files as well as ones he had of me transfered to my computer and the "spy" program he installed hacked his files.

I guess the first thing is I would like to decode these txt, gif,htm, exe DAT, files to know what these files and folders contain. Should I attach some??

Second how do I stop this from happening from now forward?? Detect and remove keylogger? I use webroot with antivirus. Plus malwarebytes anti malware, and SUPER antispyware.

Finally, the third and NOT final thing I would like to know is how to read an htm. doc I found on my computer which appears to be "footprints" between him and someone else.

There is so much more here but I need to start somewhere. Hopefully with the help of someone who actually knows what they are looking at, I can sort through this huge mess, both on the computer as well as on a domestic level.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum, to preclude the need to repost. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 07 January 2010 - 04:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DTT

DTT

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

There's a bleeping computer forum where people can get help for possibly infected computers. You can check it out here:
Am I infected? What do I do?

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:34 PM

Hi and Welcome to BleepingComputer,

Seems like Malwarebytes and/or SuperAntiSpyware should have picked up a keylogger if one was installed on your system. Other than finding those Notepad files what makes you think there is a keylogger on your system?

If the name Riley Gunzz is the name of the owner of the computer and was put in at the time of the Windows install, then I believe that Windows automatically made that folder when Windows was installed. Notepad was also installed when Windows was as it is part of Windows.

What do you mean when you say that you found a bunch of flies in Notepad? What folder are those files located in and what are the names of some of them?

What do you mean when you say that the files in Notepad are encrypted? As in, what do you see in the documents when you open them? If you cannot explain what they look like, you could copy a portion of one and paste it in your post here. You should just be able to double click on the file to have it open. However, I advise against double clicking on any .exe file until you know for sure what that .exe file is.

What are the names of the .exe files in question here?

Also, it is unusual for files that are on a flash drive to automatically copy themselves to your harddrive, are you sure they were copied to your harddrive?

What devices and drivers are you questioning?

Btw, OneNote is a Microsoft program designed for taking notes. If you did not install it, in the folder that it is installed in, click view on the top toolbar of that window and click on details, then click on view again and click on "choose details", once there, make sure that both "date created" and "date modified" are checked, click ok and then look in that folder to see what those dates are. It is possible that it came preinstalled on your computer, especially if you got your computer from a school, if so, the creation date should be around the time, or before, that you got your computer.

Edited by Stang777, 07 January 2010 - 08:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users