Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Change from Adobe Reader to Foxit Reader

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jimnor46

jimnor46

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:27 PM

I'm considering changing from Adobe Reader to Foxit Reader because of all the problems Adobe seems to be having.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:11 PM

Most people that know there is an alternative and are not required to have adobe switch. Another alternative I use which I like even better than FoxIt and also free is PDF-XCHANGE VIEWER.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 jimnor46

jimnor46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:58 PM

Thanks Animal, I'll take a look at that one too. I'm just tired of every other week getting a security patcy for Adobe. Seems like they have a lot of problems and I feel like that if there is an alternative I'd like to try it.

Thanks for the response.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:03 PM

You'll find the alternatives will use a lot less resources, than Adobe, and open faster.
I use Foxit, and when I click to open a .pdf, it opens instantly without any hesitation.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 jimnor46

jimnor46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:36 AM

Thanks for the response tq 1911. You've confirmed pretty much what I've been hearing from others.

Have a good day.

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:35 AM

You're quite welcome, jimnor46.
Let us know which one you decide to go with, and how it works out.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 jimnor46

jimnor46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:38 AM

Will do. I may end up giving each of them a try just to see which I like better.

Thanks again.

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:23 PM

I may end up giving each of them a try just to see which I like better.

The beauty of free. :thumbsup: Good luck with your trials. I'm sure you will find one to your liking. And you're quite welcome.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 jimnor46

jimnor46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:07 PM

This is kinda ironic. While I've been solicitinig advice about Adobe, I just received another warning about Adobe Illustrator.
Good grief, I don't know how those people stay in business.

Once again, thanks to everyone that took the time to advise and respond. I really appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users