Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected by Worm.Win32.NetSky?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BenSta

BenSta

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

Hi!!

I'm new here and I got a quiet serious virus problem!

I was a "bit careless" while surfing in the net (no AV-software or firewall on the new system) so I got my Eee PC infected. Now everytime it starts I get a "Spyware Alert!"-message telling me that the machine is infected by the "Worm.Win32.NetSky"-virus and that I should run a full system scan (the message apears after I log in on Windows). As I mentioned I don't have a AV-software yet and the Norton Internetsecurity won't react.

Another "symptom" (besides the startup message) is a "background image" stating in big red letters "SYSTEM IS INFECTED!".

Norton Internetsecurity (which is the trialversion and which I forgot to start beforehand) isn't much of a help (system freezes or reboots while the scan is running). But it notifies that the threat "winupdate86.exe" was found and then that the same threat was removed and that the system is now secure. It does it every time.

So, could anyone help me please! I will run HijackThis and post the log when told to!

Thanks beforehand!

And YES, I will be more carefull next time ;)

Greetz Ben!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trev47

trev47

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:44 PM

Use the guide at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...t-security-2010

#3 BenSta

BenSta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:16 PM

Thanx Trev!

Got another solution by now, but thanx anyways!

Greetz Ben =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users