Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Damn virus!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nem

nem

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 21 August 2005 - 03:55 PM

I did a full system scan for this virus that my program (Nortons) has dectected. Well it found two files and was able to fix one of them except this other one it can't fix, quarentine or even delete! It's driving me up the wall and I can NOT fix it! Can anyone tell me what option I have here? I don't know if this'll help, but the name of the file is "wininet.dll" I could really use some help here. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phatcat42141

phatcat42141

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2005 - 10:16 PM

I did a full system scan for this virus that my program (Nortons) has dectected. Well it found two files and was able to fix one of them except this other one it can't fix, quarentine or even delete! It's driving me up the wall and I can NOT fix it! Can anyone tell me what option I have here? I don't know if this'll help, but the name of the file is "wininet.dll" I could really use some help here. Thanks!

Might Iask what the name of the virus is that it detected? Not the file thats infected but the name of the actual virus.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 21 August 2005 - 10:20 PM

wininet.dll - Do not manually handle or delete this file, it is an important component for the good functionality of your Windows operating system and it is used by a large number of applications.
wininet.dll

Run your antivirus in Safe Mode.
How to start Windows in Safe Mode

Also, run these 2 online scans:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Report back, if you still have problems.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 nem

nem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2005 - 10:32 PM

Might Iask what the name of the virus is that it detected? Not the file thats infected but the name of the actual virus.

It just said "desktophijack" it never really gave me a name. =\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users