Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Formating notebook running Vista

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cass

Cass

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 21 August 2005 - 03:22 PM

Sorry for not being up to speed on this topic but would appreciate a bit of advice regarding the easiest way to format my hardrive which has Vista on it at present. I want to put Vista onto another PC and have another windows o/s by itself on my notebook.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bandaid1968

bandaid1968

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:26 AM

hey cass
if yu have a setup disk from a previous operating sys. put in the cd rom and boot it up like normal in setup mode and and then go through the setup process there should be a option in there to format or delete partition select delete partition and then format the partition and then continue installation,i dont have vista but if you do that you should be able to clean install the operating system of your choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users