Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can a virus/malware disable a laptop display?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 live4the1

live4the1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:56 AM

I am working on a friends HP laptop. The display is not working at all. He said that it started after installing some software from the net that was suppose to be some type of PC maintanance software. I have ran Malwarebytes and it found a number of issues. Two of the major issues was a rogue errorrepairtool and the vundo trojan. The only issue at this time that I see with this machine is the display does not work. If you plug in an external display using either the s-video or VGA port the external will work. I can not even find the laptop display listed in the device manager or the Nvidia control panel. I have seen viruses and malware do some wierd things but this is new to me.
The computer is running Vista 64 and is a HP DV9920us.
Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by live4the1, 07 January 2010 - 12:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 live4the1

live4the1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

Any info on this??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users