Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How safe is ebay for video cards?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 21 August 2005 - 03:17 PM

Okay, my question is how safe is using ebay ebay for selling (and later maybe buying) a video card?

The reason being,
With buying a new computer, the motherboard wont have an agp slot so I'm going to have to part with my BFG 6800 gt oc 256 and try to get a BFG 7800 gt/gtx oc 256 thats pci-express.

I've just gotten up enough money to buy the tower (a previous thread in this forum states what I'd be getting from microtechcomputers.com) and i'm going to need like another 400-500 to get a printer, cheap sound card, decent speakers, and hopefully a decent 19" LCD 8ms monitor. While I'm working on that, I'd like to try and ease the cost of a new video card by selling my 6800 gt on ebay for around $200 or so, half the price of what I paid for it and I think its still being sold for $400.

Then I can use the money from selling the 6800 to either buy a brand new 7800 gt/gtx or try to bid on a 7800 gt/gtx on ebay.

Could anybody give any advice or recommendations

Thank you,
wizdabest

Edited by Wizdabest, 21 August 2005 - 03:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 21 August 2005 - 07:39 PM

Dear Wiz,

First off, you need to think in quarters if you plan to sell on EBay. You will be lucky if you get that.

Buying is not to bad but you have to look at shipping costs also. I would be wary of buying used vid cards but I have done it with no problems.

I guess you have to feel the sale, so to speak.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2005 - 10:16 PM

thank you for the response.

I'm looking at BFG 6800 gt's 256's at ebay, the same card as mine, and they are up in the 250-300 dollar range.

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:57 AM

I have bought computer parts on ebay. I made me a computer a couple of months ago and I bought several of my parts on ebay including my AMD 3200 64bit cpu. I found some good deals on ebay. But before you buy please look at the feedback score!

If this seller has lots of bad feedback for little sales do not buy from him! Buy from a seller with high feedback.

I also sell on ebay. Selling is safe because they send you the money first then you take the item in a box to the P.O. and ship it to the buyers address. If you ship Priority at USPS they will give you a free box.

Hope this helps some.

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:21 AM

Yes, it does.

We're still considering paypal and ebay might be the way to go anyway.

thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users