Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Security Alerts, even after a Malwarebytes' scan. How do I get rid of this?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Infinitumm

Infinitumm

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:24 AM

Recently, I got the Windows Security Alerts virus on my computer along with Malware Defender (I think thats what it is called). Thankfully, ALyak (the korean antivirus program) caught Malware Defender, and it successfully went away. The Window Security Alerts virus remained, however, undetected. I downloaded Malwarebytes Antimalware program, and the annoying pop ups went away. Normally the icons that symbolized those two viruses were a red circle with a white X in the middle (Malware Defender) and a shield with 4 squares, each with different colors. It's the same picture as the Security Center icon in the Control Panel. Both went away after a LONG scan, but when I log back in after rebooting, I see a red shield with a white X where the digital clock is located. When I logged in, a popup saying this came up:

"Your computer is at risk.

Automatic [something, don't remember] is not activated.

Click this bubble to fix this problem."

I knew it was a virus, but I'm not sure. Is it? When I right click the icon, 2 choices come up:

-Open Security Center
-Go to Microsoft Security Website

So, I'm not sure if it is a virus. It wasn't on my laptop before so.. Unlike the first "Windows Security Alerts" no pop ups at all come up, and the bubble doesn't appear at all after the first.

What should I do? If it is a virus, how should I get rid of it? If it withstood Malwarebytes', I think it'll be hard to get rid of.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users