Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

multitude of trojans/cant get rid of them even with malwarebytes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 pepperonione1

pepperonione1

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

I started with win32.netsky then it went to several variants of fake alert-ks.a now it's internet security 2010 Mcafee with comcast has quarantined them, everytime malwarebytes finds and deletes them they come back. I was once able to
get into msconfig to find the listing in the startup program but states I need administrator to fix settings, of which I am the administrator. The pops ups are not coming, but I still have the green screen with the big black box stating I have been infected etc. and the computer is running full out slow.....fan is constantly running and not allowed to make any changes to settings and downloads are cancelled. Please someone advise what else to do? I cannot go into safe mode either.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trev47

trev47

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

Try using the guide here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...t-security-2010

#3 pepperonione1

pepperonione1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:29 AM

Well the darn computer is useless would not let me make a. Backup or download any programs, once McAfee deleted the files I went to msconfig to remove from the startup menu and begin the process all over again then I got access denied must be logged in as administrator which I am. Went to restart after trying to change it out of start menu and. Ow the computer is on a loop and will not load. I can access the main with f8, don't want to do a hard reformat. HP has no recovery disc it is on the partitioned same hard drive. Things got worse after McAfee deleted the Vitus's for the 4th time, computer bogged down and would not allow passwords or access to programs. Please help!!!!

#4 trev47

trev47

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

Have you tried downloading the programs needed (rkill and malwarebytes) to a clean computer and putting them on a usb drive and transferring it that way?

#5 pepperonione1

pepperonione1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:57 PM

computer will not let me download rkill/took me awhile to get access to my computer again/ malwarebytes finds it deletes it so does mcafee find the fake alert and quarantined it, but then it's back.

#6 trev47

trev47

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:49 PM

I just saw that this is your second thread open. I will let the other helper continue with you in the other thread.

Edited by trev47, 11 January 2010 - 08:54 PM.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:31 PM

As you are being helped in 2 other threads I am closing this
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1568534

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1570175
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users