Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Security 2010

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pitseleh

Pitseleh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

Hi there, everybody. First off, I'd like to apologise in advance for breaking any rules or for seeming like one of those newbies who only register to have their questions answered and after that, never visit this board again. That's not my intention at all. I ordinarily would not post at a message board like this, but this time, I'm desperate.

I woke up this morning to find that this virus called Internet Security 2010 had installed itself on my computer (Dell with Windows XP). I tried to run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in order to get rid of it, but the mbam.exe file was unable to be located. So then, I ran SUPERAntiSpyware, which found the infected file(s) and removed them. Upon rebooting, I encountered a Log On / Log Off loop. After this, I tried running my computer in all three Safe Modes, as well as Last Known Good Configuration, etc., but each time I was given a STOP Error 00000007B message. Using a different computer, I decided to look up the loop problem and I was led to a guide on Thinking In Pixels (http://thinkinginpixels.com/quick-fixes/fix-windows-xp-log-onlog-off-loop/). I followed the instructions carefully, burned the necessary CDs with .iso files, and shut down as ordered. However, when I restarted and tried to go into Safe Mode to clean up my computer with the recommended programs on the guide, I was greeted with the same STOP Error 00000007B message. Additionally, I tried rebooting normally just to see if it would work, and I kept getting pop-up dialog boxes that read something like "0x000d0006: the memory could not be read. Press OK to terminate program or Cancel to debug." I tried clicking both, but regardless of which I clicked, I was given a screen that said "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)".

I don't know much about computers, so I am really sorry if this does not follow the "one problem, one post" guideline. I have no idea if these are all different problems, or if each one stems from the original Internet Security 2010 problem, or what. I also don't have my Windows XP CD, which I'm guessing I need? I just really don't know what to do at this point. This whole thing is scaring me a bit, as I have stupidly never backed up my files, and I'm afraid this can never be repaired. I don't see how I personally can fix this, without having to call a professional, seeing as how I can run my computer neither in Normal nor Safe Mode, but I guess I am giving it the benefit of the doubt. Please help, if you can. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is my case completely hopeless?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users