Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google and Yahoo are redirecting!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 silverwolf328

silverwolf328

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:59 PM

So I was browsing a video game website earlier this morning, And I got a pop up that said I had viruses. Now, I know it was fake, So I tried clicking off and it wouldn't let me, So I panicked and shut the PC off. Now everything went pretty fine until I tried searching with Google a bit later. It kept redirecting me to some search engine thing I never heard of (Forgot the name) around 40% of all clicks on google links. So I searched around on Yahoo (Which did the same thing, But I muscled my way through it) and did the folowing

-Scanned with my Mcafee Securety Suite which is my default, Which found nothing at first, But through out the day it kept telling me it found a few things like Trojans ect
-Did a full scan with Malwarebytes, Which found 8 infections and cleared them all (apparently :thumbsup:)
-Ran the Goored fix I found online which is supposed to fix it
-Currently running a smart scan with Nod32 Antivirus (Which I keep hearing is good) 30 day trial (It's still in the early stages, So if it gets anything ill report back)

So far it still redirects me to random crap.

This all started with Firefox (The latest version)
I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

I'm at my wits end, HELP D:

EDIT: The Nod32 scan finished. It said it cleared a virus but i'm still getting the redirect stuff. I'm lost here, Help! :flowers:

Edited by silverwolf328, 06 January 2010 - 09:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kalon Wiggins

Kalon Wiggins

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:17 PM

You generally don't want to be running 2 resident antivirus programs at the same time. If you are wanting to ditch mccafee, be sure to use the mcafee removal tool to get rid of it all. Otherwise, wackiness could ensue.

You can download it here http://download.mcafee.com/products/licens...atches/MCPR.exe
And instructions to use it are here http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

#3 silverwolf328

silverwolf328
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

You generally don't want to be running 2 resident antivirus programs at the same time. If you are wanting to ditch mccafee, be sure to use the mcafee removal tool to get rid of it all. Otherwise, wackiness could ensue.

You can download it here http://download.mcafee.com/products/licens...atches/MCPR.exe
And instructions to use it are here http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

Well, It doesn't seem to be hurting anything now. I just wanted the Nod trial because I heard it was good, I'm uninstalling it directly after this scan
Also, It just said it found 1 problem, So i'm hoping that's the source of it, But any more help would be appreaciated :3

#4 silverwolf328

silverwolf328
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:27 PM

Bump, After all those scans my Google and Yahoo are still redirecting (Curiously, Yahoo FAR less than Google) to some random website (Which I don't have time to identify because I click off at the signs of a redirect)

HALP D:

#5 silverwolf328

silverwolf328
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:47 PM

Bump again. I really need help, I don't wanna have to reformat ;_;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users