Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

physical memory dump

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chrispudge

chrispudge

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 21 August 2005 - 01:28 PM

im workin on a computer that gets a physical memory dump BSOD - it always happens rite after the windows screen loads - i changed the memory in the computer still have the same issues - i cant even get into windows in safe mode nothing works once it loads the windows screen it automatically reboots - seems like all fans are working - you think it needs a format? what kind of things do u think i can do to get this working?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2005 - 06:32 PM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/computer/topic/61351-1.html

I found this information if you are able to get to the settings without it shutting down. Memory and overheating seem to be the biggest causes of this error.

#3 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2005 - 06:41 PM

Sorry, I see the computer is not staying up, so that won't be much help, can you get into the Bios and check the cpu frequency. Some will even show the system temp. and a shut down temp if the system cpu is overheating. Is your cpu fan running? How much memory is installed?

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 21 August 2005 - 08:04 PM

What is the exact message it is giving you?

#5 chrispudge

chrispudge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:08 AM

i cant seem to get into the BIOS i press F2 when its booting and nothing happens...it also says to press DEL to enter setup not sure if thats the same as bios,

i also have 256 memory in there

#6 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:59 AM

Hi yes when you press the delete button make sure it's the one on where there are 17 buttons not the one with 6 and keep pressing it up and down all the time you are starting up. :thumbsup:
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#7 Adam315

Adam315

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2005 - 11:43 AM

Usually when that error occurs, you also receive an error code (stating what file caused the memory dump).

Often found in the event viewer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users