Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:18 PM
Hi all, i've problem with my Hauppauge HVR 900 USB TV Tuner. Whenever i plug it into
my Imac 27" running Bootcamp Vista 64, i keep getting this error : USB device not recognized.
Happens even when i plug it to a USB Powered HUB. I've updated and tried most Hauppauge drivers and updated my Vista, and done much reading on the internet about usb devices not recognized. I figured in order to get my USB TV Tuner to work,
i have to do the following :
- Unplug the USB TV Tuner from my computer
- Go to Device Manager and to Universal Serial Bus Controllers
- Disable one of the USB Root Hub in Universal Serial Bus Controllers
- Restart my computer
- Plug in my USB TV Tuner after restart. (When plug in USB TV Tuner,
will get Windows notify that "The USB device can perform faster
if you connect it to a High Speed USB 2.0 port." )
- Have to go to Device Manager and to Universal Serial Bus Controllers again
- ENABLE the USB Root Hub in Universal Serial Bus Controllers that i've disabled
- And the USB TV Tuner works.
But after i restart my computer the next day, my USB TV Tuner will fail to work again
with the same error : USB device not recognized. This is frustrating.
I have to do the following steps above to get Hauppauge HVR 900 USB TV Tuner
work everytime. Can someone help me on how to get my USB TV Tuner work properly
without going through all these? Thanks in advance.
BTW my USB TV tuner used to work on my Imac 24". And still work on my HP tablet with Vista 32,
provided i have to start up my HP tablet with the USB TV tuner plugged in.
If i plug in the USB TV tuner after my HP tablet had already started up in Windows,
the HP tablet will too get the same error : USB device not recognized.